Happy New Year! The first club meeting of 2016 will be held on Jan 4 at 7:30pm at the Belmont Sports Complex. Our featured speaker will be physician (and Pen Velo racer) Dr. Lenny Lesser. Dr. Lesser currently practices Pediatric Urgent Care at the Palo Alto Medical Foundation and teaches Family Medicine at UCSF. The title of Dr. Lesser’s talk is “Nutrition for Life and Cycling” and will cover:
- Tips for healthy eating in everyday life
- Behavioral tricks for eating well
- What to eat before/during/after riding
- Controversies in cycling nutrition
- Review of Lenny’s favorite foods for training and racing
This is a timely topic for many of us who will be starting our road racing season in the coming weeks, as well as those of us who simply want to resume healthy eating habits after the holidays! All club members and prospective members are encouraged to attend.