Established in 1974, Peninsula Velo is a non-profit organization that promotes participation in recreational riding, racing and bicycling advocacy in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Peninsula Velo Cycling Club strives to:
- Develop a racing program for individual and team achievement, and support the NCNCA through promotion of and volunteering for local races and events.
- Organize club rides, connect club members through cycling events, and share knowledge of riding skills, etiquette, and best practices.
- Promote bicycle awareness and safety in local communities and businesses through advocacy, education, and charity.
- Have fun while serving as ambassadors of our sport and sponsors in the cycling community and beyond.
2021 Board of Directors
2021 Club Officers
- President: Randy Smith
- Vice Pres: Chris Levins*
- Treasurer: Michael Maher
- Secretary: Norma Hilton
2021 Board Members
- Andrew Horvai
- Chris Sontag
- Brandon Tyler
- Eric Rogge
- Steve d’Alencon
- Shawn Becker
- Franklin Rice
- David Siler
2021 Appointed Key Volunteers
- Membership Director:
- Uniform Team:
Erik Salander and Menko Johnson
- Sponsorship Director:
- Athletic Director:
- Racing Team Coordinators:
- Men: Menko Johnson
- Women: Norma Hilton and Yvonne Walbroehl
- Advocacy Director:
- Volunteer Coordinator:
- Web Director:
TO BE A MEMBER IN GOOD STANDING, MEMBERS MUST:
- Volunteer at a PenVelo event or position. This includes, but is not limited to, races organized by PenVelo, club picnics/barbecues organized by PenVelo, the club banquet, serving on the Board of Directors, filling a specialized club function, etc. Volunteer positions will be posted on the website as they become available. If volunteering at a race, provisions will be made to allow volunteers to also race on that day.
- Wear a helmet on any team ride/race
- Abide by all USAC/NCNCA rules while at sanctioned events
- Abide by the Peninsula Velo Rider Etiquette and Expectations document that can be found at https://penvelo.org/pdf_files/PV_Etiquette_and_Expectations_2018.pdf
MEMBERS IN GOOD STANDING ONLY ARE ENTITLED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Sponsor benefits. Note that sharing sponsor benefits (including group buys) with anyone outside of the club is NOT allowed, and will result in immediate termination of membership.
- Membership renewal discount.